The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is the world's largest association for the language industry. We provide resources, education, knowledge and research for thousands of global companies. As a non-profit organization, we can keep the cost of membership to a reasonable price, providing great value for your membership dues.
The cost of membership is US$1,000 annually. View payment options. All company employees have access to all member benefits. There are many reasons to join GALA. Here are just a few:
GALA has member companies based in more than 50 countries on every continent (except Antarctica!). We organize networking events locally and globally where vendors and buyers can share knowledge and information. These opportunities make it easy for members to connect with other industry professionals and experts.
Access to unique industry data
GALA provides members with data from semi-annual surveys on the industry's economic picture and outlook, as well as occasional surveys on such topics as technology and tools, salaries and wages, and marketing.
Enhance your company's visibility
All members receive a listing in the Language Technology and Services Directory, which receives an average 5,000 unique visitors per month. The average visitor spends over three minutes browsing this area of the site. GALA also features member companies in a rotating homepage "spotlight" where all members appear at least 16 times each month.
Upon joining, member companies receive a free listing in the community section of the GALAxy newsletter, which is distributed to localization business owners and managers as well as translation and localization buyers looking for insightful information about the industry. As a member, you can also participate directly in GALA’s extensive industry public relations activities by providing articles and comments for business publications as well as articles for GALAxy.
You can also participate in the weekly webinar series as an attendee or by presenting a session on a relevant topic. All promotion, logistics, invitations and technical components of the webinars are handled by GALA.
You also have the opportunity to promote your business at GALA’s annual Language of Business conference.
GALA members may post press releases (free of charge) on GALA’s website, providing another distribution outlet for all members.
Training, knowledge and industry resources
GALA is a resource for training staff through:
- GALA Webinar Series – a weekly series (most sessions are free for members) which covers relevant and topical industry issues
- GALAxy, an insightful newsletter covering industry news and issues
- Resource Center, an online resource for anybody wanting to learn more about the localization business
- Annual GALA Language of Business conferences, which bring together professionals from all segments of the global language services industry (end-users, multilingual vendors, single-language vendors, tools providers, academics and consultants) to share, innovate and advance the overall industry.
- LocalizationCAREERS.net – the only dedicated job board for localization and globalization industry professionals